Current Limiting Reactors reduce short circuit levels to meet the system needs and reduce stresses on busses, insulators, circuit breakers and other high voltage devices. They are also used as load sharing reactors for balancing the current in parallel circuits. Kian Tajhiz's current limiting reactors are manufactured up to 420 kV. These reactors are designed in a way to withstand the rated and fault currents for a certain period of time.
Inrush Current Limiting Reactors (Damping Reactors) :
Inrush current limiting reactors are series connected with capacitors in order to limit the inrush currents that occur during their switching operations
- Increases equipment and capacitor life.
- Perfect mechanical strength to withstand high short-circuit forces
- Limited temperature rise enables longer lifetime.
- Special surface protection against UV and pollution Class IV areas.
- Maintenance-free design.
- Air core
- Dry type
- Side by side, delta or vertical arrangement depending on space availability
- Outdoor and indoor
- Single phase or three phase
- Enclosures are available on demand
- Elevated support stands are available
- Suitable corona rings are provided with reactors over 170 kV in order to eliminate visible corona
- Aluminum or copper winding
- RAL 7035 or other colors
- - 40 ºC / + 55 ºC ambient temperature range
- F class (155 ºC) or customer specific design
- Fiberglass spacers are used in order to provide ease of cooling
- AN (air-natural) cooling method
- F class (155 ºC) film insulation and epoxy resin reinforced fiberglass
- Insulating varnish & corrosion resistant paint
FAluminum, hot dip galvanized steel or concrete support stands are designed for specific applications.
All Kian Tajhiz reactors are computer designed in order to minimize investment and operating losses.
All the routine tests are performed in accordance with EN 60076-6 or other standards depending on customer request. Type test reports are available on request. All the test reports are submitted to customer.
- Basic testing program includes some or all of the following tests:
- Routine Tests (Inductance, Resistance, One Minute AC Insulation Voltage Withstand Test and Impulse Voltage Withstand Test)
- Short Circuit Withstand Test
- Temperature Rise Test
- Sound Level Test
- Seismic Test
Kian Tajhiz maintains a complete quality assurance program including ISO 9001 and other European and American Standards in it's manufacturing plant.
Kian Tajhiz provides complete technical assistance to contractors and end-customers for applications, design, calculations and field installation. All Kian Tajhiz harmonic filtering resistors are custom designed for different applications by considering the voltage, current, inductance, size, loss characteristics that are required to provide the most efficient design at the most economical prices.